(Updated Feb 2017)
Our current top recommendation for pills is Extenze – read our extenze review to learn more.
Male enhancement drugs (dick pills) are a big part of what we talk about on this site. For a lot of guys, dick pills can take things to the next level in their sex lives. Most of the online stores selling them are talking about huge erections and partners who are begging for more. The only problems people are reporting with these drugs are not being able to fit — and this is a problem most guys would be happy to have.
The thing is that most of these sites have disclaimers in the footer saying things like “statements not approved by the FDA” and plenty of doctors have done their best to debunk these stories of the best sex and biggest boners when taking a penis enlargement pill.
So what’s the truth about dick pills? Do they work?
And if they work, do some work better than others?
Part of the confusion about whether dick pills are effective or not is misinformation on what the pills are designed to do. If you know what to expect, you can make a more accurate judgment of whether or not male enhancement drugs will do anything to improve your sex life.
What do they do?
Penis pills exist to make the natural processes in the body work better. To know how they work, you have to first understand how your body works.
If you fell asleep in sex ed, I don’t blame you. It really didn’t teach us any of the things it should have (such as where the damn clitorus is and what to do with it). In case you were passed out or more interested in the anatomy of your fellow students during class, here’s a recap of what’s happening in the body during sexual intercourse.
Your brain, penis, or both your brain and your penis get stimulated. This sends a signal through the body that it’s time to get hard.
When that signal is received, the body pumps blood into the penis. It rushes into the penis and creates…
The penis can be considered to have 3 chambers: The two upper chambers, part of the Corpora Cavernosa, contain spongy tissue. Once those chambers fill with blood, they expand. When they expand, bang, you’re erect, time to procreate.
How do they work?
All that a dick pill does is make these processes work better. Most dick pills contain herbal extracts that assist in either arousal, circulation, or expansion. Most of them do this in one of the following ways:
- Improving blood flow to the penis – By doing this, more blood becomes available to fill your dick, and this results in a firmer, fuller erection.
- Raising testosterone levels – Testosterone is what’s primarily responsible for our libido as guys. Without healthy levels of testosterone, we lack sex drive and stamina. So more testosterone helps us get it up and keep it up.
- Stimulating the body – If you’re exhausted, you’re going to have shitty sex and might not even be able to get hard. Dick pills typically contain ginseng or another stimulating substance to keep you energized.
What’s in them?
Some of the most common male enhancement drugs are listed below.
- L’arginine – This amino acid improves blood flow to the penis.
- Horny goat weed – This herbal extract functions as a natural aphrodisiac.
- Ginseng – This stimulant comes in several varieties, but the most common type in dick pills is Korean Red Ginseng.
- Ginko – This herbal extract also improves blood flow.
- Bark aphrodisiacs – These extracts enhance arousal.
What to expect from male enhancement drugs
I’ve compiled a list of facts and myths about male enhancement drugs to give you a reasonable expectation for how much they’ll help you in the bedroom.
What to expect from dick pills
- Enhanced sexual ability – Notice that I say “enhanced”. That means these supplements help you, but they don’t do all the work for you. Taking a dick pill primes your body to perform better, but the actual job is up to you.
- Cumulative effects – While many pills do have some immediate effects in the short-term, you’re really taking them for their long-term cumulative effects. You don’t take a multivitamin once and expect to immediately get insanely healthy, but over time, the supplement can help improve your overall health. Same thing with natural male enhancement; the best results come over time.
- A bigger erection – Since the pills help increase blood flow to the penis and blood is what makes you “grow”, it’s reasonable to expect a bigger, fuller erection. Combine that with the testosterone boosters in most of them, and you’ll be staying harder longer.
What NOT to expect from dick pills
- A bigger flaccid penis – Dick pills are all about “growing”, not “showing”. The increased blood flow and arousal can help you have a better erection, but that won’t change your flaccid size.
- Guaranteed results – Dick pill manufacturers guarantee results or your money back, but what while most of them promise this, few explain why. The dirty secret of this industry is that most dick pills only work for about half of the people who take them. This is because different herbal supplements work differently for different people.
Which dick pills work best?
Since new players enter this market all the time and long-time pills sometimes change their ingredients, it’s hard to give an exhaustive list that works for more than a few months. The best thing, then, is to help you know what to look for.
- A reputable company – remember, in most cases, you’ve got a 50/50 chance of the pills working for you. This isn’t the manufacturer’s fault; it’s just a fact that due to genetic makeup some herbal extracts react with some people and don’t with others. That’s why good companies have return policies. Even bad companies can advertise return policies, though. To make sure you can get your money back if the pills don’t work for you, look for a legitimate business with real contact information and good reviews on customer service.
- All natural ingredients – Most of the supplements for male enhancement that are online right now aren’t FDA-approved. They do follow Good Management Practices (GMP) and claim to be FDA-adherent, so if the company is reputable, you can be sure that the ingredients listed on the bottle are the ingredients in the pills. And if you see ingredients that aren’t natural, you’re really rolling the dice. If you stick with pills that have a few all-natural ingredients, you cut down your risk for side effects significantly.
- Good reviews from third party websites – I’ve reviewed several dick pills on this website, and there are other sites like mine that regularly review male enhancement drugs for their effectiveness. One thing to keep in mind with these sites is that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You’ll see completely unrealistic claims on some sites, but after reading this you should know what to expect from male enhancement drugs and easily weed through the bullshit.
Which ones work best?
Now that you know a little bit about what to expect from male enhancement drugs, here are a few all-natural ones on the top of our list.
One of the things I like best about VigRX Plus is that its manufacturers have put a lot of money into researching it, which is incredibly uncommon in dick pills. It’s nearly unheard of, actually. The website claims that in the first 3 or 4 months, guys saw huge increases in their ability to stay up and get it in, and apparently the sex was better than ever. Another good thing about it is that it’s made from well-known, completely all-natural ingredients, so the chances of extreme side effects are significantly lower. It’s also heavily backed by loads of positive customer reviews. And in case you don’t like it, you can get a 100% refund within the first 67 days of use.
While the gains aren’t quite as good, and the pills don’t act quite as fast as VigRx, ProSolution still works wonders for your game in the bedroom. Backed by tons of scientific research that shows the product works, these pills also come with a penis enlargement exercise program. It’s mostly all-natural stuff, but it does contain some proprietary herbal blends that don’t have full ingredients listed. This product works, though, and the only real flaw I can find it in is that it’s just not as good as VigRx Plus — it’s a close, close second though.
Natural Gain Plus
Natural Gain Plus is another all-natural dick pill with a lot of the most effective ingredients I’ve found in dick pills (e.g. zinc, maca, muira puama, American ginseng, and Asian ginseng). It works by increasing the blood flow to your penis during an erection, and rumor has it the gains will stick around after a few months’ regular use. Like VigRX Plus and any other trustworthy dick pill manufacturer, the makers of Natural Gain Plus also offer a 100-day 100% money-back guarantee if it doesn’t work for you.
Do dick pills work? Yes. Not the way people expect them to and not the same way for everyone, but there’s no denying the crowds of men who are seeing real gains from taking them.
My best advice to you is to try the good ones and treat it like a science experiment. Track your progress, and understand from the beginning that some will work better than others, and some won’t work at all.
Good luck, and here’s to better sex for all the guys out there.